Any Afghan citizen interested in traveling to Iran, regardless of the intention, needs to get a visa beforehand. Afghans who have residence permit of a third-country, can apply for Iran online visa individually through the ministry of foreign affairs or apply through an Iranian travel agency. The visa process takes 7-10 working days and it costs 35 Euros.
Here is the ultimate guide to get Iran online visa for Afghan citizens.
Read more: comprehensive guide Iran visa 2022
How to Get an Iran Visa for Afghan Citizens?
Basically there are two possible ways to get an Iran visa for Afghans:
- To apply directly from one of the Iranian embassies of consulates
- To apply through an Iranian travel agency
- Afghan citizens who are applying Iran visa through travel agencies can’t get the visa in Afghanistan. They must choose one of the Iranian embassies or consulates in other countries. So if you want to get your visa in Kabul, you must apply directly from the embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Kabul.
- Having a permanent residence card of other countries (for instance European countries) is mandatory for applying Iran visa.
- Afghans can’t obtain an airport visa due to the immigration law of the Islamic Republic of Iran. So they must have the visa before entering the country.
Steps to apply for an Iran visa
- Preparing the needed documents
- Filling out the visa application form
- Paying for Iran visa service fee
- Receiving Iran visa grant notice
- Collecting the visa from one of Iranian embassies or consulate
Iran Visa Requirements for Afghan Citizens
- Original Passport or Travel document with at least 6 months remaining validity on the date of travel and have at least 2 clear pages.
- Residence permit card of other countries
- A recent white background photo of the applicant (individuals shouldn’t be wearing any hats or glasses).
How much does Iran visa costs for Afghan citizens?
- Visa service fee which must be paid to travel agency to apply for the visa (visa grant notice) and invitation letter is 35 Euros.
- Visa collection fee which must be paid directly to one of Iranian embassies or consulates where you collect your visa depends on the visa collection place and duration of your trip. It is approximately 70 Euros.
How long does it take to get Iran visa?
It takes approximately 7-10 working days from the day you send the visa application form to get the visa code. Then you must take the code and the invitation letter to the Iranian embassy to collect your visa. The process depends on the embassy regulations but it usually takes 2-7 days.
Iran visa for Afghans with dual nationality
Afghans holding a third-country passport can apply for Iran visa using their third-country passport hassle-free.
Iran VOA (Visa on Arrival) for Afghans
Unfortunately, Afghan visitors to Iran cannot get the visa in the airport. The only possible way for Afghan citizens to get an Iran visa at the airport would be if that person has a second country’s passport, for example European countries (except for England).If any Afghan citizen possesses a secondary-nationality passport, outside the banned-incomers list of Iran, they would be allowed to land at an Iranian International Airport and apply for a visa on arrival at the visa section of Ministry of Foreign Affairs established in international airports.
Iran Visa Application Form for Afghan Citizens
Any Afghani passport holder wishing to travel to Iran must take this form very seriously. The information and questions in this form are highly important for the visa process.